My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Friday, June 3, 2011

First OB Appt!

We have FINALLY joined the ranks of those with "normal" pregnancies! Our first trip to the OB was today. Everything went really well. We had another ultrasound of our little gummy bear (that's what it looks like!) Thank goodness this one was longer than the previous two because it's our last one until I hit the 20 week mark :o( I know that's a good thing. You shouldn't want extra ultrasounds, because that means there might be a problem, but I've gotten so accustomed to seeing the little guy/girl that it's going to be really hard not to for so long.

We actually got two forms of the u/s today. First she used the internal, which for most people would probably be scary. For me, not so much. I've had more experiences with the internal u/s in the last 9 months that it's second nature. I think she was surprised I wasn't freaked out by it. She was measuring the baby and checking the heartbeat (still never get tired of hearing it!) and told me that baby was measuring 9w4d. It kind of worried me a little bit because I'm 10w1d today. So I asked if that was a problem, the baby measuring a few days behind. She said no, but told us that sometimes with the internal they can't get the full crown to rump measurement, so she'd try the external/abdominal to see if it changed the measurement any. Using the abdominal u/s the baby measured right on target 10w1d. BIG relief!

It's so amazing how much the baby grows and changes in just a week and a half! So without further ado, here are the 10w u/s pics!

In the first one baby's head is up and pointed to the left. The black spot, again, is the brain. You can see little arm/hand buds, the bright white spots, and the lower bright white spots are leg/foot buds. Baby K should be able to bend his/her arms now and legs should be bendable very soon! The fingers and toes are now seperating, no more webbed feet and hands yea!!!


This second pic is more a measurement of my uterus, but the sound waves at the bottom are Baby K's heartbeat! The heart was being nice and strong at 167 beats/min. You can see a little bit of the baby in this pic, but it's harder because the baby wasn't the main objection in this particular picture.


Well enjoy these pics...they're the last ones for 10 weeks! Eeek! Hopefully I can last that long :o) Grow little baby, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment