My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Additional info

I don't really have anything new to report.  The 2ww is really obnoxious in that it's super slow and SUPER boring.  We go about life as usual, only without making trips to the doctor's office.  So since I have nothing new to report I decided to share a few things to give more insight into the world of infertility.  It's something that really isn't talked about much, and doesn't get a lot of recognition.  It's much more common than anyone realizes.  So here are some good resources if you're interested in learning more. 

www.resolve.org is the national infertility association website.  They have great info not only for couples dealing with infertility, but also for their friends and family.  The Support and Services tab has links geared specifically to friends and family of infertile couples.

Below is an article I ran across this morning.  While we haven't made it to the IVF treatment step, Matthew and I have talked a lot about it.  It is something we are prepared to do should the need arise.  Unfortunately undergoing IVF would put the rest of the treatments we've been doing to shame.  IVF isn't nearly as easy as it's made out to be, and it's not for making litters of babies, a la Octomom.  People like her, and her doctor, have given infertility treatments a really bad rap. 

http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100268241&page=1

Hopefully this info helps raise your awareness about infertility and how infertile couples feel.  Matthew and I are some of the rare patients who choose to talk about our struggles, although for the first 10 months we didn't.  I realized very quickly that talking about it made me feel so much better.  I didn't have this huge secret weighing on me any longer, and it was a relief to finally let people know what we have been going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment