My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

34 Weeks!

Wow...34 weeks already!  Only 6 to go, I honestly cannot believe there is so little time left!  I'm starting to feel pressure in my lower abdomen, so I wonder if he's starting to drop a little bit. 

This week we had another baby class (only one more!  yea!)  This time we were able to talk with one of the anesthesiologists at the hospital about epidurals and the other anesthesia that is commonly used during labor and delivery.  It really was a very interesting hour, and I can honestly say I'm much more relaxed about the whole process.  I was never anxious enough to consider forgoing drugs, but I'd be lying if I said the process didn't worry me a little bit before.  Now that we know more of the details, saw the items that would be used for the procedure, and was able to ask questions to one of the people who may eventually be performing my epidural, I feel much more relaxed about it.  Yes, there are risks with it, but they are very minimal.  I just know that my pain tolerance isn't what it would need to be in order to have a truly all natural birth.  I'm not opposed to waiting for a while and trying to handle the pain on my own for a bit, but that's about it.  Just for a bit.  ha!

Yesterday they threw a shower at school for me and the two other employees who are having babies in December.  We got so many great things.  Baby K's stock pile is continuing to grow.  Sophie continues to wonder what all this stuff is for and why it's invading "her space."  She has found a new place to sleep during the day.  She definitely thinks the glider is her chair now.  Not that I can blame her.  It is super soft and cushy, so I'd want to sleep in it too if I were her.  It's just funny to watch her.  She definitely thinks she's queen of the mountain when she's in it :o)


Well...now that you've had the rundown on the week, here is this week's belly shot :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment