My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baby Shower #2!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Saturday was our 2nd baby shower.  My sister and aunt went all out for it, and it was completely amazing!  Not only was the shower great what made it even better was it was a combo party, our baby shower and my grandpa's 90th birthday.  I can't imagine something like that happens very often, and I was really glad that we were able to share the evening with him. 

We got so many wonderful gifts from my family members.  Amazingly we were able to get them all home, I was a little worried at first!  :o)  I now have lots of laundry to do before the little guy gets here!  Well, here is the fun part of the post...shower pictures!  Great big huge thanks again to my sister and aunt for all the amazingly hard work they put into the party.  It was fabulous!

The sticker says "Pam's about to POP!"  (It went with the popcorn)

The cupcake table! My sister made them and the decorations on them.

Close up of the cupcakes.  YUMMY!!!

Rice Krispy Treat Rattles

Opening gifts from my parents.  Mom made the bed skirt that is on my lap!


Presents...

presents...

More presents!  The blankets my sister made :o)

The keepsake boxes say "My First Tooth" and "My First Curl"
90th birthday decorations for Grandpa!

Grandma and I looking at the picture book for my grandpa

Mom and Grandpa looking at the picture book. 




The crib with the bed skirt!  Thanks Mom!
So there you have it!   A few pics from the shower and birthday party.  It was such a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment