He's starting to do so many new things. While I was taking his 3 month pictures yesterday he would straighten his back and try to sit up on his own and not lean against the couch cushions anymore. A few days ago he was sitting on the floor, holding onto one finger on each of my hands. He had no other support and was sitting up without trouble. It really doesn't seem possible that he's able to do this yet! Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of him and amazed at how much he's learning and changing. I want him to reach all of these important milestones, but I do miss the teeny tiny baby he was as a newborn.
My favorite new development is the way he scans a room to find Matthew and I when we're not the ones holding him. He will be watching and looking all over until he finds one of us. If he hears either of our voices he instantly turns his head in that direction. I love it! When I pick him up from the babysitter he gets such a big grin on his face. It's his way of saying "Mommy I'm glad you're here!" without vocalizing it. I tell myself that anyway. :o)
Spring break started at the end of the day today, and I couldn't be happier! Even though we're not going on vacation, I think it might actually be the best spring break I've ever had. 10 whole days home with my little snuggle bug. I can't wait! Two weekend days just aren't enough. I know it's better than nothing, but I hate that I'm not home with him. He's completely safe and happy at the babysitter's, but it's just not the same. I know it's good for him to be there, and I'm very happy with the arrangement we have, we are very lucky in that regard, but I can't help, but wish I were the one home with him every day.
3 Months Old!
Tummy time and NO tears! Look at me lift my head :o)
Playing with my ball. I can hold it by myself (for a few seconds anyway...)
No comments:
Post a Comment