This week brought about some rain (finally!) and the rain brought with it some cooler temps! We've been cooped up all summer long because the heat has been so oppressive. Since we finally had a bit of a reprieve from it, G and I took advantage on Friday and went to the zoo. We bought a family zoo membership this summer but haven't been able to use it as much as I'd hoped because it's been too hot to take him out. We had a good time and got to use the new entrance into the zoo as well! I was particularly happy about the new entrance. It eliminated the need to walk past the icky snakes. Unfortunately for me, G's favorite animals, the meerkats, are housed in the same building as the snakes, so I still had to go in there, but I've gotten very good at staying on the opposite side of the building, away from them. :o) We had a great time, and the animals were very cooperative. We got to see most of them much more close up than the last time or two we went. The giraffes seemed almost close enough to touch! The meerkats are a big fav of his. Every time one would run in front of his stroller he'd start bopping up and down and would laugh. It was pretty stinkin cute!
Earlier this week, Babies R Us had on their facebook page that it was Aunts/Uncles Day. So in honor of that day, G sent a special email to Aunt Cindy. She's in Guatemala for the next month, which is forcing me to email her pictures instead of just texting them, but I guess it's not THAT big of a deal... :o)
I have a feeling the montly birthday pics are going to be a challenge from here on out. He now notices the signs and would much rather play with them, than let them be a photo prop. His montly
pic is ok, definitely not my favorite, but right after I took this particular picture, he spit up all over the sign, so that meant the photo session was over. He also thought playing with the sign for Aunt Cindy was more fun to play with than pose with as well. These next 5 montly pics are going to be challenging!
My message to Aunt Cindy
The meerkats are my favorite!
7 Months Old!
That is so cute how much he loves the meerkats. I am jealous that you have a zoo so close by. How fun! I know what you mean about the photo shoots. Alidia is getting to be the same way... always moving, always grabbing, no longer lets mommy take 60 photos in a row of her sitting like a little angel! ;) Happy 7 months Baby G!! He is looking adorable! :)
ReplyDelete