My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

31 Weeks...SOOOOO Late!

Well I've done it again, it's almost time for the 32 week blog update and I haven't done the 31 week update yet! 

Last week (on G's 31st week birthday) was our 4 year anniversary!  Matthew took Wednesday and Thursday off of work last week so we could have some family time.  It was so nice to have him home during the day!  We celebrated the night before our anniversary with dinner at our favorite restaurant.  Originally our plan was for G to spend the evening with Matthew's parents so we could go to dinner just the two of us.  Well G had a different idea in mind.  He wanted dinner at Jonah's too.  He refused to nap when I needed him to, and by the time he finally fell asleep it was only 20 min before Matthew had planned to take him out to Grandma and Grandpa's.  So instead of dinner just the two of us, it was all three of us again.  Not that I was complaining about having my favorite little buddy there!  He continues to amaze me with how good he is out in public.  It's definitely a huge blessing that he doesn't mind going out in public and eating at restaurants.  He always does such a great job.  So great in fact that we are always getting compliments from other restaurant patrons and employees.  Our anniversary dinner was no exception.  Our wonderful little guy sat in his high chair, perfectly content and got to have his first try with crayons!  He enjoyed sticking them in his mouth and throwing them on the floor more than actually marking on the paper, but it was so great to see how easily he could pick up something so skinny.  That pincer grasp is getting better! 

We've also started letting him try tiny bites of various foods we're eating.  He still doesn't have a tooth so it has to be something that's easily gummed, but he's doing really well!  He has the chewing motion down to a T.  I was giving him little bites of bread, which he really liked.  I also gave him a taste of my clam chowder but he wasn't quite as sure about that.  If he didn't look so much like me now, I'd question if he really is mine!  :o)  There was a couple seated next to us who gave us a wonderful compliment when they left.  They saw us toast to our anniversary, and told us they hoped it was a good one, followed by many more and that we were incredibly blessed to have such a sweet, adorable baby.  I couldn't agree with them more!  G was definitely the most popular patron of the restaurant.  All the wait staff and I'm guessing a manager or the owner were even gushing about how good and cute he was.  It's amazing how it never gets old hearing people tell you what a wonderful child you have.  We think it every day, but coming from complete strangers really reaffirms it :o) 

The Olympics have also sucked me in completely this time around.  I've always enjoyed watching them, but for some reason this time around I'm totally engulfed by them.  G took part in cheering on Team USA as well!

I'm really trying to make the most of the remaining time I have at home with Griffin.  It's quickly coming to an end.  Summers just continue to go faster and faster every year. 

Here comes the best part...pictures!
Go Team USA!

Did they win, Mom?

Playing with my new favorite toy!  It makes lots of great noises and sings fun songs!

My first time using crayons!




3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary (a bit late)! It sounds like the three of you had a lovely dinner out. I can see why everyone gushes over him. He is such a cutie! Love all of the new photos. You are right, summers just seem to fly by these days!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love the pics...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised he doesn't have teeth yet, My daughter got hers at 5 months! But then again all babies are different, at least you're not dealing with teething!.. gahh! lol

    ReplyDelete