My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oops!

I don't know why I didn't include this in my last post (especially since I wrote it ON my dad's birthday...OOPS!)  Part of the reason we made the trip to visit my parents was because of my dad's 60th birthday.  For his other big milestone bdays (50, 55) we were able to plan fun surprises for him that he really enjoyed, but because of the work accident from back in April, he hasn't really been up for going out of town much.  This year, we let him decide what he wanted to do for his birthday instead of choosing for him.  Novel idea I know.  ha!  He decided he wanted to go to Jungle Jim's (ginormous!!!!) grocery store in Cincinnati and then to dinner at the Montgomery Inn.  To call this place a grocery store really just isn't doing it justice at all.  I can't even begin to describe what it was like.  Over 6 acres of food is pretty unbelievable!  They also had lots of fun decorations, and props that moved and "sang."  G particularly liked the lion dressed up as Elvis that sang.  :o)  After Jungle Jim's we had dinner at a BBQ place that Dad really likes.  The boys enjoyed their BBQ bibs! 

Thanks to my sister and her crazy culinary skills we had birthday cake and home made ice cream as well.  This is so NOT going to help me get rid of the rest of the baby weight!  It sure tastes good though :o)  Griffin got some practice for his big day 6 months from now by helping my dad with the candles.  He was mezorized by them.  Pretty cute I must say :o)  I'm not sure who was more excited about the cake, Dad or Griffin.  Poor G didn't get to taste the cake though.  Snickers aren't exactly an approved first food.  Ha! 

Grandma and Grandpa are sure enjoying their little visitor this week.  I think it's safe to say he's having a good time too!

Blowing raspberries in my Jumperoo

Helping Grandpa blow out the candles on his cake!

All worn out from my excursion to Jungle Jims!

Grandpa's birthday dinner

It's a shame I'm not a happy baby!  :o)

Reading with Grandpa

Grandpa's birthday cake!

G and Grandma at dinner





1 comment:

  1. He looks so grown up, especially in the first photo. And look at that growing hair! :) He is sooo cute and looks like he is having a blast with his grandparents!

    ReplyDelete