I love being in the 2nd trimester! There are so many new things I am experiencing all the time with the pregnancy. I've been feeling movement every day for a couple of weeks now, and it's becoming very frequent. I love the feeling of little Baby K swimming all over in his/her private pool :o)
Well yesterday was another first in the movement department. Matthew was able to feel the baby move for the first time! We were having a relaxing day at home, lying on our bed watching tv and Baby K started dancing all over. I moved my hand to my lower belly and continued to feel him/her move all over. I told Matthew to put his hand right where my fingertips were. He kept it there for what seemed like forever and finally Baby gave him a nice "Hi Dad!" kick.
There have been a few times recently when I was able to feel the baby from the outside when it was kicking and moving around, but it never lasted long enough for Matthew to feel it. I was really glad he could finally feel some movement. He was a little surprised it was still such a small feeling. I told him not to worry, it wouldn't be long before we were seeing feet kicking me and he'd have no trouble feeling movement.
Tomorrow is the big day...anatomy scan (gender) day! Hopefully Baby is not shy and shows us the goods! What will we be...Team Pink or Team Blue?!?!
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)
My guess is boy....can't wait to hear!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great first! Ooh how about a girl..there seem to be lots of boys!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! Reading your posts gives me so much hope that IVF can really be the miracle we are looking for.
ReplyDeleteSarra I wish you the best of luck! I'm so glad that reading my blog has been a help to you. That makes me feel so glad I've let others read it! Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete