My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

26 Weeks!

Yea!  I'm on time this week.  haha!  Not much to report this week.  I had my latest OB appt. yesterday.  Everything went great.  Little man's heart rate was in the 150's, nice and strong.  The midwife said everything sounded and measured out great.  She gave me a pamphlet on pre-term labor and the signs of it.  Now that I'm almost to the 3rd trimester (OMG!!!) it's something I need to be on the look out for, especially since I'm on my feet all day.

I still can't believe I'm only a week or so away from the 3rd trimester!  It doesn't seem possible.  I'm really amazed at how fast this pregnancy is going.  It kind of makes me sad.  I've really enjoyed it so far.  I know, I know...just wait, I'll be dying for it to be over in a few months...blah blah blah.  I'm sure that's probably true, but really so far it's been great.  Don't get me wrong I can't wait to meet our little guy and finally hold him, but there are so many things about pregnancy that I won't be able to experience once he's born.  I absolutely love feeling him move.  It's such a cool feeling.  I actually find myself missing his movements when he's sleeping and not moving around.

The one thing I won't miss is the pain in my ribs.  Wow...this was something I hadn't ever read about and didn't expect.  My ever expanding midsection is constantly putting pressure on the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones in and around my ribcage, and man is it painful!  I can always tell when our little guy is going through a growth spurt because the pain doesn't go away.  It's constant for a few days.  Most of the time I only get it after I've eaten or been sitting too long.  I think I'm pretty much going to be having this pain steadily from now until the end because he's growing so much more and so much faster than at any point up till now.  It's definitely worth it, I swear I'm not really complaining, but that's been the one thing that I would be ok without dealing with again.  lol!

On an exciting note, we got our first piece of baby furniture this week!  We got one of the dressers for his room on Wednesday!  Yes I said one of...lol.  It's gorgeous and we absolutely love it!  My favorite part is when the drawers are open it smells so good!  I love the smell of new wood furniture :o)  I can't wait to get the other pieces and have his room all put together.  It's making everything seem so real now!
Well anyway, now that I've bored you, here's the weekly pic!




No comments:

Post a Comment