My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

27 Weeks...On to the 3rd Trimester!

Wow, I honestly can't believe I just typed 3rd TRIMESTER!  It doesn't seem possible that we're closer to the end of this journey than the beginning.  It has really gone very fast.  I know, I know come December I won't be thinking or saying this anymore, but for now it does seem like it's really flown by.

Next Monday is the first of 4 Lamaze classes I have signed us up for.  Too bad Matthew is going to be in Chicago that night.  Thankfully a friend is going with me so I'm not alone.  Matthew will definitely get his fill of other classes though!  Lamaze is a total of 4 classes, then there is a breastfeeding class, newborn care, epidural anesthesia, and infant/child CPR.  Oh yes, he gets to attend them all with me!  :o)  He does seem to be kind of excited about learning things about babies so that's good!

Sophie won't enjoy all the evenings we're going to be gone over the next few months, but I guess she'll get used to it.  It's definitely starting to hit me that she's going to get a LOT less attention once the baby is here.  I hate that.  Some people may think I'm crazy for saying this, but she really was our first baby, and especially with all the infertility stuff was dragging me down, she was such a great comfort.  When I was upset she'd crawl up in my lap and lick the tears from my face.  Hopefully she doesn't go through too rough of an adjustment period once he's here.  We've been talking about him and using his name a lot around her so she gets used to hearing it, but she won't fully understand it until there's a little person attached to that name.  She's great with other people's kids, so I hope she's the same way with her little brother!

Well now that I'm off that soap box, here's this week's belly shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment