Well here is this week's exciting news. Over the weekend we were able to see Baby Boy move for the first time! Matthew and I went to visit Mom and Dad for the weekend and we went to a friend's wedding in Cincinnati on Saturday night. When we got back little man was moving and shaking all over. I had my hand resting on my belly and just happened to glance down just as he kicked and I was able to see my hand and belly move! It was the coolest thing. I sat real still for a while hoping that he'd keep going, which he did. After a few minutes I had Matthew come sit next to me to watch. He came over, and I'm sure we looked pretty ridiculous staring at my belly. Sophie definitely wondered what in the world we were doing. ha! It didn't take long before he started moving all around again, so Matthew got to see my belly move too. I wish I had a video of his reaction. It cracked me up! Once he saw our little guy move he started talking to my belly, encouraging him to move some more and would get so excited when Baby would respond to his voice. It was pretty darn cute, I have to admit :o)
Mom also got to see little man move around a little as well. Dad was trying to trip us up all weekend in hopes that we'd accidentally say his name. Nice try Dad, but we didn't fall for it. I do have to commend the effort though! :o)
Well I guess that's it for this week's update. Here we go...I can't believe the difference in my belly in just the last few weeks!
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Hi Pam - i check in once in awhile to read your blog and I'm so happy to hear all the fun baby developments! You look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing my first IVF in Sept/Oct, so I hope to follow in your footsteps!
Princess (PQM from BBC)