My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

37 Weeks...Full Term!

What a milestone we've reached!  Baby K and I are officially full term!  Any time he decides to come it is safe now :o)  While we do want him to hold out a little longer it makes me really excited to think that he really could come at any time! 

Since I hadn't made a lot of progress by the time I went to the doctor on Monday I decided to try to do something to move the process along.  I have a large exercise ball that I've been sitting on, rolling and rocking my hips and bouncing on it.  It's supposed to help open the hips and pelvis to make room for the baby to drop and engage.  Call me crazy but I swear it's working!  Tuesday was the first night I decided to try it and when I changed for bed my belly was noticeably lower than when I got home from work.  I'm planning to spend around 15 minutes each evening on it, and hopefully it helps and I'll have made some more progress by my appointment next Wednesday. 

On a sad note I'm no longer wearing my wedding ring set :o(  I guess I should be glad I was able to make it 8 1/2 months with it.  A lot of women don't even make it half this far, but I had really hoped to not have to take it off.  Matthew has been very worried the whole pregnancy that I'd get it on one day and not be able to get it off.  It's been getting progressively tighter, so I'm not surprised that I can't wear it now, but still disappointed.  Sunday was the first day I didn't wear it.  I probably could've forced it on, but there again, I didn't want to get it on and not be able to get it off.  I was able to wear it to work on Monday, but Tuesday I was back to needing to force it on, so I've just decided to leave it off for the remainder of the pregnancy and the first few weeks after delivery.  Thankfully I have some other rings I can still wear, so I don't look like a knocked up unwed mother.  It just feels so strange to get ready for work, put my jewelry on and leave my wedding set in the jewelry box.  Hopefully it doesn't last too long post delivery! 

Well on a happier note, here is this week's belly pic.  I don't know if you can tell in pictures or not that the belly has dropped.  It's definitely easier to see with a bare belly, but I'll spare you that view!  He has been a wiggly little guy this afternoon.  I really will miss that feeling after he's here.  It's so fun!  Well here ya go...37 Weeks - Full Term!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on making it to full term. It just doesn't seem possible that he can make his debut anytime now. Hope the ball helps your progression and you get to report some good news after next Wednesday's appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Pam, I just found your blog through a comment on BabyCenter.com. I just want to thank you for writing this! I'm at the early decision making process of considering IVF and this blog is a real comfort to me. I love how you describe everything in detail and also share how you are feeling about everything along the way. You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed following your story (I came across it somewhere in my secondary infertility journey). I am so happy for you and your husband. You are truly blessed and will be a wonderful little family. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete