My appointment last week was some good some frustrating. The midwife was feeling all over my belly trying to determine the position our little guy was in. She was having a hard time confirming he was head down, so she asked if she could do an internal to try and feel the head. I had no problem with that because he SHOULD'VE been head down and I definitely wanted to know if he'd flipped. He'd been head down since our anatomy at 21 1/2 weeks. If he'd flipped then I was going to flip! Thankfully she determined that yes he was head down still. The reason she had trouble determining that from the external exam was because his head is so low. That news made me happy! She said it's very low and I'm thinning, but didn't give me a percentage of effacement. Then she told me I was barely dilated at all, so I'm taking that to mean a fingertip like the week before. That was the frustrating news. I had REALLY hoped to have been at least 1cm by that appt! She told me to do figure 8's on with my hips on the birthing ball to continue to encourage him to go lower into the pelvis and engage. Let me tell you that's harder than it sounds!
It must be doing something right though because every time I work on it I start having some Braxton Hicks contractions and the baby starts moving a lot, so there has to be some benefit! He's also dropped some more. I changed fro bed last night and noticed that my belly's shelf is becoming more and more sloped now. Matthew definitely agreed that it's getting lower and lower. Unfortunately it's harder to tell with a shirt on. Well anyway, on to the pic of the week, that is only 4 days late...oops! :o)
![]() |
| 38 Weeks! |

No comments:
Post a Comment