My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Some of G's Firsts!

Today was a fun day.  G and I were playing (well as much as you can play with a 3 1/2 week old baby.)  He had just finished eating...big surprise there...and I decided to play some peek-a-boo with him.  As the game went on he started smiling and reacting to me!  He's smiled for a while now, but a lot of times it's while he's sleeping.  He hadn't yet smiled in response to people yet.  It made me so excited!  He's also figuring out that his arms can move all over and he likes to stretch.  He has never liked to have his arms swaddled.  It used to be because he would sleep with his hands up near his chin.  They were always around his face when I was pregnant.  Now that he's not staying quite so curled up he likes to sleep with both arms up above his head.  It's so darn cute!

We've also started working on tummy time.  He's not a huge fan of it, but is a very good sport about it.  His ocean play mat is nice because it has a stuffed whale attached that can be used as a pillow.  It helps keep his head up off the floor a bit so he's not smooshed.  He moves his legs and tries to move himself around.  We're working on getting those neck muscles stronger, but he still can't move his head much on his own yet.  He's getting better though!  When he's being burped he lifts his head to look around a lot more now.  He's definitely still a bobblehead, but it amazes me how far he's come in just three weeks! 

I constantly find myself in a battle between wanting him to reach all these developmental milestones because I can't wait to see him accomplish things, and wanting him to stay small and helpless because I know he'll never need me this much ever again.  Even though the 2 or 3am feedings aren't exactly fun, I know that I really shouldn't complain because the time is going to go so fast.  I'm amazed at how fast he's growing.  My sweet baby isn't going to be a baby very long I'm sure! 

And of course, I can't end a post without a picture!  Here he is...stretching like a big boy!

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute!!! And I feel the exac same way - my baby is almost 6 weeks and I celebrate every milestone but am already missing the tiny newborn :)

    ReplyDelete