My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three Weeks Old Already?!?!

Where is the time going?  I can't believe my sweet boy is already 3 weeks old!  He is getting bigger and stronger every day.  As he stretched out yesterday, after a diaper change, he completely filled out his newborn size sleeper!  It's been so funny to see the newborn sizes look big on him.  He still likes to pull his knees up and his legs out of the sleeper legs, but he can finally stretch all the way from top to bottom of them.  I'm sure he'll still be in them for a little longer because they're big everywhere else still, but it's just one more confirmation that he is growing like crazy!  We don't go back to the pediatrician until his two month check up, so it will be very interesting to see how much he grew in 6 weeks time! 

We have now gotten all of Griffin's newborn portraits back.  They are wonderful!  I have to admit, I love the fact that we hadn't cut his hospital bracelet off yet by the time the pics were taken.  It truly showed how new he really was!  It will probably sound silly, but I didn't really want to cut the bracelet off.  I also couldn't believe just how tiny his little bitty wrist was.  Once the bracelet was off we could really see just how tiny he is.  I'm still amazed that not that long ago this little guy was hibernating inside my belly, and that he fit in there.  What's even more amazing is that babies MUCH bigger than G is now manage to find room inside their mommas' bellies.  It's a pretty incredible process that's for sure. 
Right now we're going through the big 3-week growth spurt.  G is eaing every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day and every 3 hrs at night.  As soon as he's done eating, he falls right back to sleep.  It's so hard to be a growing baby!  Hopefully the growth spurt slows here soon, and we can get back to a more "normal" eating/sleeping schedule.  He was just getting into a really good one before the growth spurt hit.  Mommy is definitely missing the sleeping for 4-5 hrs at night thing!  I know, I know, I really shouldn't complain about 3 hr increments.  A lot of infants eat every 2 around the clock for weeks or months.  What can I say...he had me spoiled from very early on!

Here is G's 3 Week Picture!
Don't you just love my crazy hair?!?!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment