My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 1 - Success!

Well we have made it through our first week at home!  Griffin is adjusting well, and so are Mom and Dad!  Knock on wood, he is a very content, easy-going baby.  I'm sure that means that the next one will be the total opposite.  Good thing that isn't going to happen for a while!  ha! 

G's first week at home was filled with many things.  He had his first and second visits to the pediatrician, met the wonderful staff at SIRM, lost his umbilical cord stump (yea!) and spends lots of time snuggling with Mommy.  Grandma and Grandpa had to leave on Wednesday, which definitely had me a little worried about how things were going to go since Matthew was back at work, but we made it through with flying colors!  We've even had a couple of slumber parties during the day with Sophie.  They both enjoy lying in Mom and Dad's bed all snuggled up.

He has been doing really well eating and sleeping.  He's up to around 3oz per bottle (little piggy!) and is typically only up once during the middle of the night.  We are starting to figure out a good schedule so all of us get the most sleep possible.  I probably get the least sleep since I need to pump at night as well as feed him, but I guess I can make up for it during the day...in theory anyway. 

We went back to the pediatrician yesterday afternoon for another weigh in.  The doctor wanted to continue to check his weight because he was such a little peanut.  I was going to be absolutely shocked if he hadn't continued to gain because of how much he'd been eating lately.  Luckily, after he peed all over the place, we were able to finally get a weight on him, and he's only 2oz away from his birth weight!  He has also grown 1 1/2 inches already!  Our little guy isn't going to be little very long I'm afraid, but that is definitely what we want to see!

All in all we've had a great first week at home.  I still can't believe he's already over a week old.  I have a really bad feeling that time is going to fly, and my maternity leave is going to be over WAAAAAAAAAAY before I'm ready, but I guess no matter when I had to go back, I'd be saying the same thing.  I need to quit thinking about when my leave is going to end and just enjoy it for now.

In the mean time, we're going to do lots of snuggling, and take lots of pictures!  :o)  It's still really hard to believe he's finally here!  And since there can never be too many pics of sleeping babies, here is one of my favs!  He's taking after Aunt Cindy with that thumb!

Sucking my left thumb...just like my aunt!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are doing well. What an exciting week!

    ReplyDelete