My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Friday, February 10, 2012

5 & 6 Weeks

Wow...I am so behind in my updates!  I guess that's what happens when you have an infant at home :o)  The last couple of weeks have been busy as usual.  G is doing so many new things!  He is smiling in response to Matthew and I now on a regular basis!  He has also almost started to giggle.  He isn't quite there, but it's definitely coming!  He is such a happy little guy and his smile just melts my heart!  We took full advantage of the great weather last week and took walks around the neighborhood.  I think it was probably better for me than him, considering he slept the whole time!  It was definitely nice to be out and getting some fresh air though.  We've gotten so lucky that this winter has been mild.  Hopefully I didn't just jinx us with that statement...

I really can't believe he is already six weeks old.  We have less than a month left before I go back to work.  It's really hard for me to imagine not being at home with him every day.  Even though I'm ready for a break when Matthew gets home in the evenings, I'm still in the house with him.  The longest I've been away from him since the day he was born is three hours, so an eight hour work day is going to feel so long!  We have wonderful child care lined up, and I know he will be in excellent hands, but the thought of all the new things he's going to do, being done for someone else before me just makes me sad.  Thankfully spring break will be right around the corner, so I have that to look forward to once work begins again.  If the weather continues to be good (fingers crossed) then school will be done mid May and we'll have all summer together.  I know that I won't be excited to be back at work, but at least there are vacations on the horizon where G and I will be home together again. 

Here are the pics I have of G at 5 and 6 weeks old.  Gotta love a happy baby!

5 Weeks Old! 
(2.9.12)

6 Weeks Old! 
(2.9.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment