Wow...I think I say this every time I post, but time really is flying. Griffin is 8 weeks old! How in the world is that possible?! He's smiling all the time now. If your camera shutter is fast enough you can get a great picture of his adorable little grin. I've been lucky enough, and really just taken enough pics with my phone to snap a few, in spite of the shutter not being very fast. I keep telling Matthew a camera upgrade may be in order.
He's also been giggling more which is just the greatest sound! He really is such a happy baby. Aside from getting fussy when he's hungry, and let's face it, don't we all get fussy when we're hungry?!?! :o) He's incredibly easy going. Now we just need to get a full night's sleep! It's still early, he may not sleep through the night for a while, but his mommy would be SO appreciative if he decided to start that new little trick by the time I go back to work in just over a week. I have a feeling it probably won't be the case, but a girl can dream.
This week G and I were on our own for a couple of days. Matthew had to go out of town overnight for work on Wednesday and Thursday. I have to say we did pretty well! It's been nice having M back to relieve me a little bit, but for our first overnight just the two of us, I'd call it was a success!
Next week's big event is his 2 month check up. That means shots :o( I am anxious to see how much the little guy has grown since our impromtu visit a couple of weeks ago. He definitely feels much heavier! Matthew thinks he's bordering on 12lbs now. I just can't believe he's almost doubled his weight since birth! He's growing like a weed!
Until next time...here is his 8 week picture. I told you he was a happy boy!
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Awww what a sweetie! Love that expression!
ReplyDelete