The weekend started with my birthday on Saturday. The dreaded Big 3-0. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. We picked my aunt up from the airport, and she got to see our house for the first time. The last time she was here was our wedding, and we didn't have our condo yet. It was so nice to spend the day with family and catch up. For my birthday dinner we all went to a hibachi bar, and it was so much fun! The food was delicious, and I think everyone had a great time. Of course they had to tell the waitress it was my birthday so I got the full bday treatment :o) My very own hibachi chef hat, happy birthday was sung and I the special birthday desert. We're not excactly sure what that desert was but the whipped cream on it sure was delish! Lol! After dinner we went for frozen yogurt. It was a great way to begin my 30's.
G's baptism went wonderfully. He was such a good boy. Even with the bright lights of the sanctuary shining in his eyes he was good. He didn't even fuss when the pastor poured the water on his head. Once church was finished we had a great lunch to celebrate G's special day. Even though he won't remember it, it was a wonderful memory for Mommy. A year ago I wasn't sure we would ever have the opportunity to baptize our child. What a difference a year makes! He is such a special little boy and we are thankful every day for this amazing little blessing that God has given us!
After our lunch to celebrate G's special day
With Aunt Cindy, his godmother
My 30th birthday dinner
Frozen yogurt...yum!


No comments:
Post a Comment