Well my day just got a WHOLE lot better! I was getting incredibly frustrated with the pharmacy about my stimulation meds. I STILL hadn't heard back from Triessent on what the cost would be. I was getting incredibly close to saying screw it, I'll just go with Braun in Chicago. Boy am I glad I called back today!
My stims through Braun were going to cost over $700. I knew that they were going to be expensive, but that price did kind of surprise me a bit. It didn't surprise me at all like the quote from Triessent! For the same meds, it is only costing us $100! Yes, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! I was so excited I practically danced around my classroom! I called Matthew right away to give him the amazing news. Needless to say he was more than thrilled as well! I thought it might be $50-100 less than the quote from Braun but I NEVER expected it to be $100 total! My afternoon is definitely looking up!
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)
That's fantastic news!!! I SOOO wish I had your insurance, since we're having to pay out-of-pocket for everything...yuck!
ReplyDeleteWUHOO!!!!!! That is GREAT news!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should ask my doc if I could switch pharmacies. That is an amazing price! I am so happy for you! XOXO
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely worth a shot! I found out about them because they partner with BCBS. I don't know how it does in other states, or for people who have to pay out of pocket, but it's totally worth checking into! I'm just glad I didn't say forget it. I would've been so mad at myself if we'd paid the higher amount when we didn't need to!
ReplyDeleteSo glad this worked out for you, what a relief!
ReplyDelete