Ok, so I apologize in advance. This is going to be a pity-party post. My week had been going pretty well until the wedding shower at school a couple of days ago. I'm sure you're thinking why would you care about a wedding shower, you're past that. Well, let's just say I'm sure it will soon be followed by a baby shower...shotgun weddings typically are. I feel a little catty even posting this, but it's really frustrated the crap out of me lately! Stupid people and their oops babies! What does a girl have to do to get knocked up around here?!?!?! I've been drinking the water at school like it's my job. It's worked for literally EVERYONE else in my building. And I have to say, I'm really freakin sick of everyone else's babies!
I've done really well with staying positive and thinking good thoughts since we officially decided to start IVF. I do think it's our best shot, and I am incredibly hopeful that it will work on the first try, but stuff like this derails the positive thoughts. Things like this make me want to crawl into bed and never come out.
I know one day we will understand the reason for our struggles. I'm sure there is a lesson to learn in it somewhere, but right now, I feel like I've endured more than my fair share. I'm ready for a break in the disappointment and frustration. Maybe the Lord has more faith in me than I have in myself. I'm just not sure how much more I can take before I lose it entirely.
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)
I understand Pam...I keep saying to my hubby "I'm just not strong enough for this". Apparently God thinks otherwise.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly!
ReplyDeleteSorry you're having a bad time! Everyone at my work gets pregnant really easily too it seems...I get sick of the water comments.
ReplyDeletePam - I'm sorry you had a bad day! I say - go ahead! Have a bad day and stay in bed all day. We all deserve that once in a while! I'm really hoping & praying that this IVF cycle works for you.
ReplyDelete