Well we've made it to the next developmental week! Only 4 more days until we get to see our little raspberry again! (Yes I'm referring to the baby as food...that's how several of the baby sites compare the baby's size each week.)
If it's possible I think the bloating MIIIIIIGHT be going down a little bit. My belly doesn't look quite as big in the week 8 pic as it did in week 7. Maybe it'll actually be a baby belly soon, and not just chub! It is definitely getting harder to hide the growing mid section though. I'm sure there won't be a single surprised person at school when I make the official announcement in a week and a half, but oh well.
Thankfully I'm still feeling great. I kind of feel a little guilty/bad that so far everything for me is going so smoothly. So many women are incredibly sick at this point that I almost (notice I said ALMOST) feel bad that I'm not. :o) I had one day of it...that's enough to make me appreciate what some go through day in day out. I've been eating like food is going out of style. I was brave enough a few days ago to actually weigh myself, and I've only gained one pound since before our IVF cycle started, so that's a relief. I was really afraid the scale was going to tell me some outlandish number because of the way I've been eating. Whew! Dodged that bullet for now :o)
Well I'll stop my rambling, since I know the picture is what you're really interested in. Sorry it's a little blurry. Matthew isn't the greatest photographer and he hates my camera.
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Isn't it so exciting getting to the next week - I just got to 6 and finally feel legit. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute! I hope your appointment in a few days goes great!
ReplyDeleteMarianne I love getting the updates over email from the various baby websites with the new week's developments too! It never ceases to amaze me how much they grow and change in just a few days time!
ReplyDeleteThanks B!
Pam, you look super cute and i'm so excited for you!!! You must be having the time of your life!!! enjoy it mamasita!
ReplyDelete