My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nothing new...

There really isn't anything new to report, sorry for the boring post :o) Tomorrow I am 8 weeks! At times 8 weeks doesn't seem like very far along, but then at other times I'm amazed that I'm already 8 weeks into the pregnancy. It seems like we JUST went through the retrieval and transfer! Now to be completely honest, it's only been 6 weeks since the procedures, but when doctors are figuring up how far along in a pregnancy the patient is, you're given the first two weeks as kind of a gimme. No one is technically pregnant the first two weeks of their pregnancy, but somewhere along the line someone decided that a 40 week gestation was a more round number than 38 weeks I guess. Not to mention that for most people it's pretty hard to actually pin point conception, so the "two weeks free" deal is basically because they have to estimate when conception actually occurred.

Sooooooo like I said, nothing new to report. Sorry for the boring post today. The belly is continuing to grow (or bloat...whichever you prefer.) It's actually getting hard to hide already! That just doesn't even seem right, but that's what's happening! I guess I should just embrace it and be excited :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's an accomplishment, neither of my pregnancies ever made it that far, and think you're like half way to being able to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete