My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here comes the nausea...

I'd been quite happy that really my only symptoms have been extreme hunger and constant peeing. Well today, hello nausea and smell aversion! I woke up from a 3 1/2 hour nap feeling like I could just go back to bed for the rest of the night. I managed to get myself out of bed and moved to the couch instead. Although my stomach has started to growl, nothing sounds good and the idea of putting food in my mouth made my stomach lurch a bit. Then Matthew decided to heat up some left over BBQ.

O M G...NOT good! It should also be noted that I've been eating this same BBQ throughout the week. It hasn't caused me any problems up until today. Boy things change quickly! He walked down the stairs and the smell of that bowl of BBQ made me want to hurl! I (oh so lovingly..ha!) told him he needed to eat it quickly and get it out of the living room because the stench was horrible to me. Thankfully he did, but too bad for me, the smell has lingered. As I type this (here's a lovely visual for you) I'm lying on the couch with my North Face zipped all the way up with my nose and mouth tucked into it, in order to avoid the smell of his dinner. Even though his bowl is now in the dishwasher being washed, I can't get the smell out of my nose. Matthew has found it incredibly humorous...glad he finds it funny! He's not the one about to toss his cookies over the smell of someone else's dinner! I can only imagine how this is going to go over at school now with the lovely smells that accompany a classroom full of 5 and 6 year olds. Lucky me!

**UPDATE** Well...I had my first experience with tossing my cookies as a preggo. It's so strange...on one hand I'm incredibly thankful for the increase in my pregnancy symptoms. It's reassuring to know that things are progressing well. On the other hand, wow...puking isn't fun no matter what the reason! Lol! Although, it is slightly more tolerable knowing that it's because of a baby and not the flu!

5 comments:

  1. Hope the nausea doesn't linger too long for you!:) I remember when my SIL was preggo, she couldn't walk in the produce section of the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Pam! I hope this is a short-lived symptom for you! I had 5 months of this with my DD and was sooooooooo annoyed and yes, smellivision and heightened senses...unless they are superpowers don't seem too friendly...if you have a fave scent in an essential oil, try putting that on a hanky that you can keep in your pocket and smell it when you smell something around you that is undesirable and also there are PSI Bands that put pressure on your acu points on your wrist that help w/alleviating nausea....so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips Elise! I know I shouldn't complain. This has been our goal for so long, but wow I never really realized how much the nausea would suck! lol! It's all worth it though! I'm hoping that since the nausea has kicked in already that means our little bean is getting big enough to detect a heartbeat next Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pam! I awarded your blog with the Versatile Blogger Award!! Check it out on my blog! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Kristen thank you so much! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete