My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Friday, January 14, 2011

IUI #2

Today was the big day!  IUI #2!  My appointment was scheduled for 11:30, and Matthew had to go at 10:00.  There is quite the process needed to prepare the sperm for insemination (it's not as easy as you'd think!) so they need the specimen ahead of the actual IUI. 

Matthew went to do his thing, and then I arrived later.  The whole IUI process is VERY quick.  It's less than a 5 minute procedure.  The doctor came in and told me that Matthew's specimen was "excellent" which means great numbers, motility, and morphology (movement and shape),  He didn't tell me the exact number this time, but I figure since he used the term excellent, that it had to be good! 

I arrived, signed in, and they took me back to the exam room.  I signed the consent form, like always, and then got ready for the procedure.  Dr. H and nurse Jo came in and got right to it.  In less than 5 minutes, seriously, I'm not kidding, it was less than 5 minutes, the whole thing was done.  Dr. H told me to lie still for 5 min and then I could get up, get dressed, and go about the rest of my day.  He told me to think pregnant thoughts and hopefully they would hear good news from me soon!

Jo told me to test in 2 weeks, and if that test is negative, to wait 2 days and test again.  So January 28th it is!  Here's hoping the next two weeks go quickly, although I know they won't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment