Well as if the 2ww isn't bad enough, this one has been particularly frustrating. Everything with this cycle has been just strange, so I guess it would make sense that something else would throw a curve ball at us.
On Thursday, I noticed a little bit of spotting. It wasn't much, so I didn't think a whole lot about it. I did start to wonder if maybe it was implantation bleeding. 25-30% of women see some kind of bleeding/spotting when the embryo is implanting into the uterus. It seemed a bit early for IB, but it was within the "window" of time that it can occur, so I thought, maybe... On Friday, the spotting was still there, and it was getting heavier. It was starting to make me nervous so I called my doctor's office and talked to one of the nurses.
I gave her the details of where I was in my cycle, what I was experiencing, etc. She asked questions about everything, and then basically told me that since I was still a week away from taking a pregnancy test, it didn't do any good to make a trip in to the office. A blood test would still be too soon, and an ultrasound wouldn't show anything, so I just have to wait. She told me that the color I was describing was a good sign, but that if it changed to call back. She gave me a few other things to watch for as well, and to call if any of them happened. She said it could have been any number of things. Some women have mid-cycle bleeding, it could be left over from their periods, it could've been left over from the spotting after my IUI, there is a possibility that it would be from implantation, or it could be a new period starting, WAAAAAY early. There wasn't any way to tell what it was.
So basically, I had no answers and didn't really feel any better after calling, but it's one of those things that there really isn't an answer for, so I basically have to be patient. ha! Patient?! Me?! Right...
As the weekend has gone on the spotting has slowed, but hasn't completely stopped. I'm hoping it's over soon. I still don't know what to think about it. A few people have told me that their implantation bleeding was a lot like what I have described, so I'm definitely hoping that's what it has been, but I'm not putting too much hope in it. We'll see what Friday brings...
My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment