My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Friday, January 28, 2011

Well...crap

This cycle was a bust.  I tested this morning and it was negative.  There wasn't even a reason to look at the test strip in as many different lights as I could find.  There was no denying there was only one line.  So, basically my day started out about as horribly as it possibly could.  I got in the shower, but once I was out and the reality had set in, I lost it.  Matthew came back in the bedroom to find me sitting on the bed in a towel crying.  Thank goodness for Matthew and Sophie.  They did their best to cheer me up this morning.  I called the RE's office and gave them my test results, and was told to test again on Sunday then call on Monday with the results.  I of course hope that today was a fluke and I'll get a nice surprise on Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath.  At this point I'm just hoping to start my next cycle on Sunday like I'm supposed to.  With the bleeding I had last week, it makes me nervous that we'll have to wait until late Feb. to do more medicine.  I REALLY don't want to wait that long!

Today was the 100th day of school, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to celebrate.  I did my best to put on a happy face and act like I was excited as the kids were, but inside I didn't give a rip.  The one good thing about today happened to be that I had an unusually small class.  I'm not happy that I had several kids out sick, but it was a nice change to only have 13 students. 

When I got home, I did my good Samaritan deed for the day.  There was a dog running around our neighborhood, so when he ran into our yard, I clipped him to Sophie's yard tie, got his rabies tag number and called the Woodford Co. humane society to check his records to call the owners.  I call and the owners came to pick him up.  I was afraid of someone hitting him, and didn't know how long he'd been out, and he kept wanting to come in the house, so I knew he was getting cold.  Thankfully the owners lived very close by, so it didn't take long for them to get here, and they were quite appreciative that I had kept him safe and called them.  So it made me feel a little better to do something good today.  I needed a little pick-me-up.  Sophie wasn't happy though, and HAD to sniff every single square inch of our yard after the other dog was gone. 

So, anyway, that was my day.  Definitely not the way I had hoped my Friday would go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, I have totally had like 1,000 of the "sit there in a towel on the bed and cry like a banshee" moments. Sometimes in the car, sometimes at my cubicle desk, sometimes just watching TV. You never know when the moment will strike with all of these hormones raging through me! I also adopted a dog this year and thank God for her and my husband! We also found a dog wandering around our neighborhood a few weeks ago and helped her owners find her, and of course my dog was also very territorial. They are just so funny! I also live in the Chicago area. We have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete