My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crazy is setting in...

Ok, so I was doing GREAT during this 2ww. It's been the best one I've ever had to endure, until yesterday. The longer I have to wait, and the closee I get to results day the crazier I'm becoming! I'm having a lot of "it didn't work" thoughts. I know, I know...positive thinking. I'm trying REALLY hard to combat the negative with two positive thoughts, but man is it getting hard!

Rationally I know that yes there is a 50% chance that it worked, but that also means there is a 50% chance that it didn't work. I've been back and forth between thinking we're soon going to be parents, and thinking that we will be back to square one. If it didn't work, we have 5 little tot-sicles to work with. They are already at the blastocyst stage, and frozen cycles have very good chances of succeeding.

My symptoms, or lack there-of are also not helping the crazy any. I really haven't felt much of anything. Realistically I shouldn't be yet. The hCG levels in my blood are not going to be that high yet, and until they are I won't be feeling any pregnancy symptoms. Any little twinges I do feel I'm positive are just a result of the progesterone I take every night. My head is spinning all day long, and it's getting quite exhausting...I never thought I'd say this, but I'm almost ready for my break to be nearing its end just so I can have my results. I'm ready to know one way or the other, just so we can move forward and start planning for the next steps...whatever they may be.

Spot and Dot, your mommy is hoping and praying everyday that you're still going strong! Sophie is doing her best to keep you nice and warm by lying across my belly every day :o)

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the lack in symptoms. Not everyone has them. I never did. I never even got sick. The hpt test had to tell me I was preggo, my body sure wasn't. So don't worry about that. And the twinges - just think of them as baby twinges. Those darn things can just plain drive you crazy, so use them as positive energy. Only 3 more days. You can do it. The results will be wonderful. I have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and how are the PIO shots going? Are they as bad as you thought they would be? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :o) The PIO actually hasn't been bad. There are certain areas that are more sensitive than others, but so far it's gone really well. No complaints! Ask me again in a few weeks and I may be singing a different tune!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad to hear that. Geesh...a few more weeks? How long do you have to do them? Do you have some Easter baskets to make to help pass the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you only have a few more days left! Hoping they pass by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the cycle worked, I'll be on PIO until around 9 or 10 weeks of pregnancy. If it didn't work then I'll stop the PIO this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I didn't realize they went that long. I sure hope you get to continue taking them after this weekend. Only 2 more days. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete