My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Monday, April 25, 2011

Starting to sink in

Wow...it's still really hard to believe that we are really pregnant! It's starting to sink in, but since I don't look pregnant yet, and won't for a while, it's sometimes hard to really believe. Once we see our little bambino on the u/s screen I'm sure it will finally be REAL.

I really haven't had too many pregnancy symptoms yet. Not that I'm surprised really. Most people have no clue they're even pregnant yet at this stage. Today I'm technically 4 weeks and 5 days. It kind of freaks me out to say that because I know just how fragile this time is, but I'm trying VERY hard not to focus on what might happen and just enjoy the fact that after 16 long, painful, heartbreaking months we have finally achieved our goal! Such a great big huge thank you goes out to our doctor and his staff. Without them none of this would've been possible! I will be forever grateful to them for the help they gave us.

There are a few symptoms I have started to notice though. First and sorry for the TMI here...haha...I am peeing like a racehorse! I swear I have to go every hour or two all day long! Thankfully it's not that frequently at night, but I am getting up multiple times each night. For someone who never used to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, this has been quite the adjustment! The second thing I've noticed is how hungry I am, and it will come out of nowhere. I will eat, be full, and an hour or two later my stomach feels like it is going to eat itself if I don't find food that very instant! It kind of makes me nervous about the amount of weight I'm going to put on if this keeps up! The last thing is I get super tired really easily. By the time I go to bed I barely get out a "goodnight" and a kiss to Matthew and I am totally zonked! I have a feeling I'm going to be spending lots of quality time with my couch this week when I go back to work.

Not much else to report :o) Unfortunately until the 9th you'll just get to read about new pg symptoms, and whatever random thoughts I'm having. Lol! I guess that's a good thing. I really don't want anything exciting to happen yet, because at this stage "excitement" usually isn't good.

Well, Spot and/or Dot...I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Grow, grow, grow big and strong!

6 comments:

  1. The u/s and the heartbeat will be very exciting moments! It makes everything seem so real. And you will instantly fall in love and have an even bigger connection with your baby once you see it on the screen - but be prepared, Spot or Dot probably won't quite look like what you have pictured in your mind, lol. But it is such an awesome feeling. And I remember being SO tired too. Congrats again! I can't wait to hear your results from the 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that it won't look like much at the first u/s. I just want to know that there is something IN the sac. I've seen plenty of early u/s pics, so I know it's not going to look like a baby at all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Easter. Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe thank you! You're so sweet! I hope you had a great Easter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for you pam!!! enjoy it ...it will be an amazing year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I was pretty naive. And I think my 1st one wasn't even until 8ish weeks. I was like holy cow. Really? But regardless of what kind of creature they look like, it is such a wonderful experience. And it is also very relieving. I hope May 9th gets here fast for you. I have a feeling you're going to have 2 reasons to celebrate that day. :) Hope you had a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete