My blog began as a way to vent my frustrations surrounding our struggle with infertility. I am now ELATED that it has moved from an infertility to pregnancy blog and finally our baby blog! The scars of infertility will never fade completely, and truthfully I don't want them to. Infertility has impacted our lives in a way nothing else ever could, and I'm very grateful for all it has taught me. At some point we will probably be traveling down this road again in order to complete our family, but for now we are enjoying our amazing little guy! He's so much more perfect than we ever imagined he could be. I guess it's true what they say...good things DO come to those who wait! :o)

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Fertilization Report!

I just heard from our coordinator with the big report, and I am on cloud nine right now! Out of our 41 eggs 34 of them were mature and 29 of them fertilized! I am beyond excited right now! They have me scheduled for transfer on Sunday (day3) at 10:30, but she said that they'll monitor the growth and change and will call me if they want to bump it out to a day5 on Tuesday. I am definitely excited and ready for the transfer, but I would really like to be able to do a day5. Not that there's anything wrong with day3, but I think our odds would be slightly better with a day5 if we can make it that long.

Anyway, that's where we are! I'm so excited about how well everything has gone to this point, and we keep hoping and praying our good fortune continues! I can't help but believe that this really is God's plan for how we are to have a family! The road to IVF was a little rocky, but once we made the commitment to the procedure everything just fell right into place. I truly believe this is His plan for us! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

8 comments:

  1. Holy embryos! :) 29 is a ton. Are you planning to freeze any? Did he tell you how many he would transfer? 1, 2, 3? You are right - things have went very well for you guys! Let's hope it continues on, like you said. Thoughts & prayers are still with you for the transfer date. I hope that goes well for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning to freeze whatever we have left over. Hopefully there are some left for that! We are more than likely only transferring one. Dr. H is a big proponent for a singleton transfer. He might entertain two if we have convincing reasons, but definitely no more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see. I'm thinking you may have quite a few left. :) Especially if he only transfers 1. I thought that 2 was his limit. Good luck! The countdown is seriously on now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing news! So happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing fert report!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely awesome! I hope my ovaries behave half as well as yours have!! Way to go Pam's ovaries! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody! I have been so happy today! I am beyond shocked at how well I responded to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower and I'm so excited for you!! That is great news!! We are currently in the birth control part of IVF but we will start Lupron next friday!! Best wishes on your transfer tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete